Saturday, January 1, 2011

Learn How to Fold an Origami Yoda Finger Puppet




I bought Tom Angleberger's The Strange Case of Origami Yoda on March 1, 2010. I drove home, made a cup of coffee, and settled in for a night of reading. About halfway through the book, I e-mailed a friend something like: "I'm reading a book kids will love. I predict 20 holds by the end of tomorrow." Did my prediction come true? You better believe it!

A few weeks later, I shared the Origami Yoda trailer. It inspired dozens of kids to fold Origami Yoda finger puppets. Thank you, Tom Angleberger!


A former student folded this HUGE Origami Yoda.


On sale: NOW

Borrow Origami Yoda from your public or school library . Please support independent bookshops.

Additional Resources


Origami Yoda sample chapter



Visit Tom Angleberger's website



Origami Yoda folding directions



Read about Tom's upcoming book (5/11)


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this trailer. My students will love it. This is a great idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about reading it to my 4th graders. I better run out and buy some folding paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post! I love your shout-outs to school and public libraries and independent bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book is awesome i love it please type back to ms.bauer the english teacher

    ReplyDelete