Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Search for Wondla

My friend Donna and I had the following text message conversation about The Search for Wondla.

Browse inside The Search for Wondla.

Tony demonstrates how augmented reality is used in The Search for Wondla.

Download the D’Fusion Player to experience augmented reality.

Teri Hatcher narrates The Search for Wondla audio book.

Can you spot the difference?

The Search for Wondla was featured on Al Roker's Book Club for Kids.

Tony draws a mummy.

Tony has always loved coming up with stories. He talks about writing and illustrating Kenny and the Dragon.

Watch Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi read Big Fun.

Tony and Angela discuss Meno (includes multiple outtakes).

Angela DiTerlizzi wishes she could draw REALLY WELL.

Planet Meno has downloads and information about the series.

Tony is the product of teachers, librarians, and parents who encouraged him to draw and write.

Download Spiderwick activities and design your own Sprite.

Download Spiderwick reading group guides.

The Spiderwick Chronicles movie was released on February 17, 2008.

Borrow The Search for Wondla from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.


  1. Wondla was one of my favorite books of last year! Really loved it!

  2. I cannot wait to find out what happens in book 2.

  3. I was so disappointed by this one! I expected great things but it was so very poorly edited! I felt like it was almost dumb-ed down for a younger audience. The illustrations were great, and I love the idea of adding in the augmented reality. Unfortunately, I just could not get past the writing.

  4. Love your blog - what a great resources, thanks!

  5. @Mrs. Hamilton - Thank you very much! :)

  6. This is not a joke! I recently sent an email to Mr. Tony D. and I was informed that the next book will be out in early 2012!