Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

Thanks to Educating Alice for the link.

Brian Selznick's Wonderstruck will be released on September 13, 2011. I shared seventy pages of the uncorrected proof with a group of fifth graders. They screamed for more. One kid said, "Mr. Schu, why do you torture us?" I'll post more reactions in the fall.

"There is some sophisticated storytelling on display here, and it’s hard not to admire the author’s guts." -Travis Jonker

Tracy Mack and Brian Selznick discuss Wonderstruck.

I wrote about The Invention of Hugo Cabret on January 20, 2011.


  1. This book is now officially on my reading list. I loved The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Not only were the pictures amazing, but the story line was so heartfelt. I was captivated from the moment I started until I begrudgingly had to set the book down. Thank you for the great suggestion.

  2. @Reidun --You're in for a real treat. I will probably reread it when it is released.