I had a scrumdidlyumptious afternoon at the Chicago Comic Con Convention. I met the cast of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) - "Charlie Bucket" (Peter Ostrum), "Veruca Salt" (Julie Dawn Cole), "Mike Teevee (Paris Themmen), "Augustus Gloop" (Michael Boellner), and "Violet Beauregard" (Denise Nickerson). Approximately three hundred people attended their panel discussion, during which they shared fond memories of filming Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in Munich, Germany, and took questions from the audience.
1. They were not offered cameo appearances in the 2005 remake.
2. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is not popular in Germany.
4. This scene was filmed on "Veruca's" thirteen birthday.
5. Julie Dawn Cole (Veruca Salt) wrote a memoir.
6. "Augustus Gloop" is a tax accountant.
Borrow Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from your public library.