Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Meet Jeanne, Mary, and Brenda

I belong to the world's best book club. We are a group of school librarians who meet every month to discuss children's books, catch up, and eat. Tonight we discussed Matthew Cody's Powerless. If you haven't read it, add it to your to-read list.

I asked three members to share a favorite book from her childhood. Thank you, Jeanne, Mary, and Brenda.

Jeanne Dresser

Mary Loversky

Brenda Garcia

Powerless by Matthew Cody

Matthew Cody discusses Powerless.

Picture Books Galore - 8/2/11

Everyone browsed this awesome display of picture books.

The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Reinhardt

Our next selection is The Summer I Learned to Fly.


  1. Mary, Danny the Champion of the World is my all-time favorite, too! In fact I just found a first addition of the book and paid way too much to purchase it! But it is worth it. My favorite (or, as I like to call it "Golden") line is when Danny - at the beginning and end tells the reader that his dad is the best father a child could ever have!

  2. I need to reread Danny, the Champion of the World. Thank you, Mrs. Edwards!