Friday, August 19, 2011

Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes

Warning! Prepare to have "Rocking in My School Shoes" stuck in your head ALL DAY. It's been bouncing around mine for weeks.

Isn't this the cutest book trailer ever? Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes is the perfect back-to-school story for preschoolers through first graders. You better believe you'll hear enthusiastic singing and clapping coming from my school library. Thank you, Eric Litwin and James Dean, for giving us Pete the Cat.

Browse inside Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes.

Watch Eric Litwin and James Dean perform Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes. Can you imagine if they performed in your library????

Download a Pete the Cat activity sheet.

Eric and James perform the first Pete the Cat book, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes.

Eric and James appeared on Good Day Atlanta.

Pete the Cat Doll

Your library or classroom needs a groovy Pete the Cat plush, right?


Borrow Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.


  1. I've followed your blog for a while and love it. I'm in a middle school library, but I look to you for ideas with my special education students. I just wanted to thank you for your hard work and sharing! I'll definitely be sharing this book and song with my students next week.

  2. Thank you! I appreciate your kind comment. Enjoy your first day of school! :)

  3. Oh wow, this is such a cool post. I love the video clips! Thank you for sharing this.

  4. Love all the displays! Great job! Looks like a wonderful library to work!

  5. I have had Eric at my school - he is FABULOUS!! and thanks for highlighting the interview on fox 5 Atlanta - my husband writes for that show!!

  6. I read all three with the audio version to my K, 1 and 2. One of my 4th graders came to me and said, "why can't we hear Pete?" so I did it with the entire school at our March is Reading Month. Everyone loved it! AND the whole school walked around singing the song for the rest of the school year. Thank you Eric and James!! The audio of all three books is available on the Harper Collins website.