- Publisher/Author for elementary readers (PreK-6)
- Publisher/Author for secondary readers (7-12 grade)
- Student created for elementary readers (PreK-6 grade)
- Student created for secondary readers (7-12 grade)
- Adult (anyone over 18) created for PreK-12 grade
- Educator/Librarian created for PreK-12 grade
According to School Library Journal's website, anyone is eligible to suggest a video for consideration that was originally posted between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011.
To recommend a trailer, send an email toSLJbooktrailers@gmail.com in a mp4 format. Please do not send actual video files via email-they will not be accepted.Include the name of the video, the url of where the video is available online, the video's creator(s), the book's author and the title of the book featured in the video, along with publisher and copyright date. Also describe in no more than 150 words how the trailer draws in potential readers.
Submissions will be judged by a committee of six librarians who will verify that the entry meets the all the necessary criteria.