Monday, September 19, 2011

Okie Dokie Donuts: Open for Business

Thank goodness the rain did not keep me away from the 57th Street Children's Book Fair. Thanks to you and your new graphic novel, Okie Dokie Donuts: Open for Business, I have the perfect book for a fifth grader who visits the library every morning. He stands in front of the graphic novel section and shouts, "Where are the new graphic novels?" Every morning. I'm not exaggerating. Tomorrow morning I will shout back, "Okie Dokie Donuts." I might even shout it three times, because it is so much fun to say. Okie Dokie Donuts. Okie Dokie Donuts. Okie Dokie Donuts. Okay, sorry. I'll stop.

I am not known for my musical prowess, but it does not stop me from singing in the library. Your book's catchy opening number begs to be sung. "There's a little place in town that you should's a hot donut service that's sure to grow. Run by a woman...strong and wide! Big Mama is the name...and she works with pride."

Thanks for writing a funny and entertaining graphic novel that is is perfect for all ages. I look forward to the second volume.


Mr. Schu

Okie Dokie Donuts (Story 1): Open for Business!

Borrow Okie Dokie Donuts: Open for Business from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! I love all your funny-library-kid stories. I was a librarian at an elementary school for 5 years and I am kicking myself for not writing down some of the hysterical things they said. Okie Dokie Donuts!