Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rocking with Pete the Cat, Eric Litwin, and James Dean

Earlier today, New York Times bestselling team Eric Litwin and James Dean visited Anderson's Bookshop. They were in town to promote their new picture book, Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes. Music + books + paint + happy children = a great afternoon.



Visit Eric Litwin's website to listen to more of his fun and dynamic songs.


Can you hear the enthusiastic children in the audience? I cannot wait to share Eric's original and hip songs with my students.


Eric is a former classroom teacher. I think he should teach and perform in my library every Thursday afternoon. :)


IMG_1608

IMG_1607

IMG_1604

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

James Dean created this painting during the presentation.

photo.JPG

Borrow Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.

5 comments:

  1. We had him at our school last May, the kids and the teachers LOVED him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my daughters heard this on her first day of Kindergarten and sang it all weekend! Love it and a free mp3 to boot. Now I am singing it all the time!

    ReplyDelete