Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chicken's Butt's Back by Erica Perl

Erica Perl, the master of middle-grade fiction and picture books, Skyped with my first graders to celebrate Picture Book Month. She chatted about how she created Chicken Butt, discussed the importance of reading, and shared some *top secret* information about her forthcoming picture book. My kids and I love Erica Perl. Thank you, Erica, for being a Picture Book Champion.

The first graders had positive things to say about Chicken Butt's Back and Erica's virtual visit:

*"I had fun reading the boy's parts. They are always in red."

*"Chicken Butt is a funny character. "

*"I am going to make my own Chicken Butt story. It is a fun book."

*"I like that it uses the word butt on almost every page. "

*"Chicken Butt's Back has words that sound like each other but have different meanings. The witch is funny."

*"You should read Chicken Butt and Chicken's Butt's Back."

*"Erica Perl was funny on Skype. I like her hats. I want a Chicken Butt hat."

*"We are making our own rhyme time books. Erica taught us about them."

*"I am glad Erica's train came on time."

Borrow Chicken Butt's Back from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment