1. Ummm, did you see those vibrant illustrations? They pop out and speak on a shelf.
2. "I love books. So does Chloe. She's can't get enough of them." (Molly loves to read books, but Chloe loves to tear apart books.)
3. The sisters' relationship made the library teaching assistant tear up. It reminded her of how her daughters argue one minute and the next are best buddies.
4. If you drop by my school library, you will hear me booktalking it to kindergartners and first graders who have younger siblings.
5. It begs to be read aloud multiple times.
Chloe, Instead. Written and Illustrated by Micah Player. Chronicle Books, 2012. On sale April 4, 2012. Final copy sent from publisher.
Download the Chloe, Instead activity kit. It includes a maze, invitations, bookmarks, and colorful stickers.
Chloe, Instead has a discussion guide.
Borrow Chloe, Instead from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.