Saturday, March 10, 2012

Newbery Challenge: Gay-Neck: The Story of a Pigeon


Head on over to Colby Sharp's blog to hear his thoughts on Gay-Neck: The Story of a Pigeon.

Gay-Neck: The Story of a Piegon

I pose with each book moments after finishing it.


Travis Jonker designed the cover on the right. His plan is to give every Newbery Medal winner a new cover. Nice work, Mr. Jonker!


Colby Sharp points out that Newbery Medalist Charles Finger loved Gay-Neck.

Borrow Gay-Neck: The Story of a Pigeon from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in regards to Ivan. I feel a lot differently about animals in captivity now. The circus is coming to town in my area and I am trying to convince everyone I know to boycott it. I really hope Katherine Applegate wins an award (or 50) for her wonderful words.

    As for the Newberys, I am bouncing around from year to year. Perhaps I should follow your lead and start with the early ones to get them over with. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete