Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Please Join the Hattie Big Sky Book Club!

Colby Sharp and I hope you will visit your public library or an independent bookshop to pick up a copy of Kirby Larson’s Newbery Honor-winning novel, Hattie Big Sky. “See” you in September.


Please visit to read Donalyn Miller's review of Hattie Big Sky.


  1. Hey, Mr. Schu -- you scored a pre-award copy of the book. I'm sure it's worth millions.

    I'm working up my courage to join the bookclub chat on September 5. First I have to practice!

  2. I am looking forward to this selection! I've always wanted to read Hattie Big Sky!

  3. Can anyone join? Even middle-aged, high school English teachers?

  4. I read it yesterday. Had to stay up late to finish it. I loved it! Looking forward to the book club "meeting"

  5. I read it yesterday. I had to stay up late and finish it because I couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to the book club "meeting".

  6. Kirby Lawson,

    It will be such a delight to have you join us for the Wed. book club twitter chat. Thanks for taking courage with your writing of superb historical fiction and trying twitter!
    Margo an elementary librarian in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia