I am a member of the Best Websites for Teaching and Learning Committee. We are currently working on the 2013 list, and we would greatly appreciate your help. How can you help? Well...
Do you love a NEW website that works well for you as a 21st century tool? Or maybe you have a tried and true site that has not had much attention? Why not nominate it? Just fill in the online form on the AASL website. Please let us know about your fantastic site ASAP. Thank you!
Websites are selected for inclusion using this criteria:
- Allow Free Access for an extensive (majority) of the site
- User Friendly
- Low on advertisements; when ads are present they are age and educationally appropriate
- Encourage curricula integration
- Promote collaborative teaching and learning
- Promote collaboration among students and/or the global community
- Facilitate a community of learning
- No blogs, wikis, or search engines