Friday, April 19, 2013

Author Sherri Duskey Rinker

Sherri Duskey Rinker's Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site has been on The New York Times Best Seller list for seventy-nine weeks. Wowzers! Her latest book, Steam Train, Dream Train, was released on Tuesday. Sherri dropped by Watch. Connect. Read. to finish my sentences. I wrote the words in red, and she wrote the words in black. Thank you, Sherri! 


Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site and Steam Train, Dream Train are love letters that I’ve written for my sons. 

Tom Lichtenheld's illustrations have given life and beauty to my words in ways I never even dared to imagine. 




MerryMakers created a plush for chubby little hands that need a tough-but-soft friend to hold. 


My school presentations aspire to inspire --- and hopefully rouse a giggle or two.

Picture books are memories for the making, with every turn of the page. (And that’s part of what makes this profession such a huge honor.)


Three of my favorite children's books... The Little House (for my own childhood memories), Pat the Bunny (for my first memories of reading to my boys) and SkippyJon Jones - because Judy is amazing, and SkippyJon makes me laugh every darn time.

Reading is my sneaky way of getting to cuddle and spend time with my boys (although my 12-year-old [sniff!] is well beyond that now.)


Mr. Schu, you should have asked me why I’m answering these questions at 1:32 am: My life is great, but crazy ---  this is the only time the house is quiet!

I am giving away a copy of Steam Train, Dream Train

Rules for the Giveaway 

1. It will run from 4/19 to 11:59 P.M. on 4/21. 

2. You must be at least 13. 

3. Please pay it forward. 




Borrow Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site and Steam Train, Dream Train from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment