Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Book Trailer Catch-Up Day

I declared today Book Trailer Catch-Up Day in my school library.  (Paging Anita Silvey. I think this could be an actual day in your Children's Book-A-Day Almanac. Or not.) I love observing how my students react to book trailers. Sometimes they laugh. Sometimes they look deep in thought. Sometimes an enthusiastic reader cannot wait until the trailer ends for me to hand over the book--it looks as though he will explode if I make him wait one m-o-r-e second.  Sometimes they rush to the library catalog to place ALL  the books on hold. 

Today was a fantastic Book Trailer Catch-Up Day. Thank you to the authors and publishers who produce quality book trailers. I appreciate you! 




The Dark by Lemony Snicket and Jon Klassen



The Flame in the Mist  by Kit Grindstaff


Bad Unicorn by Platte F. Clark




House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini


The 13-Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection of trailers, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, fanTAStic trailers! I want EVERY book lol And I tweeted (@writersideup) about this, Mr. Schu (John), just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete