Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Celebrating 75 Years of the Caldecott Medal

Click here to view the "75 Years of the Caldecott Medal" timeline. 

Are you attending the 58th Annual International Reading Association Convention? If YES, I would love to meet you. I'm moderating a panel in honor of the Caldecott's 75th anniversary. 

Here is the official description

IRA has gathered some beloved medal recipients and honorees to talk about making the most of Caldecott books in your classroom. Join moderator John Schumacher (a.k.a. Mr. Schu) and Marla Frazee, Chris Raschka, and David Ezra Stein for a closer look at classic picture books. 

Date: 4/20 

Time: 2:00-3:00 

Place: San Antonio Convention Center

Room: Ballroom C3


  1. Have fun, John :) I'm all the way up in Jersey (where Ame and others live), so Texas is a bit of a stretch for me. These are wonderful illustrators! I'm SUCH a fan of Marla Frazee! I find her work amazing! :D Yay, Caldecott :)

  2. Looking forward to this panel - it's on our StarWalk Kids calendar!

  3. I sure wish I was! Sigh. :)

    Have a great time!


  4. We're excited to have you on this panel, Mr. Schu! Looking forward to seeing you Texas.