Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Newbery Challenge: Maniac Magee

The Newbery Challenge has been such fun lately. I love spending time with the books I loved as a child. 



Please visit Mr. Sharp's blog in order to watch his Maniac Magee video. 


Meet Eileen and Jerry Spinelli. 


" I guess the first thing I wanted to be was a cowboy. I remember once maybe second or third grade, I woke up, and it wasn't Halloween, but I got dressed in my cowboy outfit, complete with spurs on my boots, and walked to school that day. In those days, you walked a half mile to school. I don't know what people must've thought, seeing this little kid walking to school dressed like a cowboy." - Jerry Spinelli



 I firmly believe a person can only look at so many Flickr search results pages before going insane. I met that threshold this time out and so:
1. I am now insane.
2. I resorted to something I’ve never done before – I made my own drawing. Here goes…


Borrow Maniac Magee from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 



No comments:

Post a Comment