Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Newbery Challenge: Holes

I think Holes is one of the most "popular" Newbery winners. Do you remember when you first read it? Is it popular in your classroom or library? If you're a young reader, have you read it? Have you seen the movie? OK, I'll stop asking questions--this could go on all day. 



Please visit Mr. Colby Sharp's blog to hear his thoughts. 



Doesn't Louis Sachar look like Larry David? 


Louis Sachar participated in Random House's Newbery event during the ALA Midwinter meeting. 


Travis Jonker designed the cover on the right. 


This is what I found when I searched "Travis Jonker + Holes." Nice! 


Holes brought in $16,300,155 during its opening weekend. 



Borrow Holes from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you know the grade three classes in my school are working on this novel and they love it? And I am the new librarian and I have not read it yet? Ha. Ha. Taking part in 48 Book Challenge and am going to add it to my to read list. It's about darn time.

    Haven't seen the movie, but kids I know love it too. Thanks for the reminder to get this one read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember Holes. I remember I ordered it through the Scholastic book order when I was in middle school and loved it. It was good to read your post, it brings back memories. :)

    ReplyDelete