Monday, July 8, 2013

Every Road Trip Needs Audio Books

Babymouse, Donna, and I hit the open road tomorrow morning. w00t! w00t! w00t!  I cannot wait to explore new places and meet interesting people. 

While it will be challenging for me to to read recently released books during the trip, I plan on keeping up with the Newbery Challenge by reading with my ears. I checked out three audio books from the public library earlier today.


 I need your help: which audio book should we listen to first? 

9 comments:

  1. Not Criss Cross -- not a fan of that book. I actually listened to When You Reach Me, so I know that one to be a good listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with davincichartershool, didn't love Criss Cross. I read When You Reach Me and The Higher Power of Lucky with my eyes and would happily read either one of them with my ears. I just finished reading P.S. Be Eleven with my ears and Sisi Aisha Johnson did as fabulous a job with this as she did bringing One Crazy Summer alive. It's probably too late for your trip, but keep them in mind for later.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start with THE HIGHER POWER OF LUCKY. It's always nice to have luck on your side when you are on a new adventure. Happy motoring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids and I listened to When You Reach Me. Lots of thoughts shared and "figuring out" along the way. We tried The Higher Power of Lucky and they didn't enjoy the start. They thought it "inappropriate". ;) A little "inappropriate" often makes a good book though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved When Your Reach Me! Listen to that first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for "The Higher Power of Lucky"...great read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When You Reach Me was great on audio, that's how I read it. So go with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so Babymouse won?! Have a safe trip!

    Another Donna :)

    ReplyDelete