Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Newbery Challenge: Crispin: The Cross of Lead



Please visit Colby Sharp's blog to find out what he thinks of Crispin: The Cross of Lead. 



Travis Jonker designed the cover on the right. 



"What I would discover years later as an adult was that I have what is known in the reading world as symptoms of dyslexia.Not dyslexia, but symptoms of, which means letter reversals, pretty bad spelling, and what looks on the paper like sloppiness. This was throughout my early schooling and high school - I have some of these papers. You can see it. It says, 'Your work is very sloppy. Why don't you proofread?' And, in fact, this was me. It wasn't being sloppy. It was just this nature." - Avi


Avi talks about the Crispin series. 


Avi discusses the Poppy series. 



Borrow Crispin: The Cross of Lead from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Mr. Schu! I'm impressed that you really did shut off your camera at the sound of your timer! I don't think I could've done it :) lol

    Anyway, I just wanted to say I often pick up books that I can't get into and, though I USED to push myself through them anyway, I no longer do that 'cause I want to spend time on books that grab me right away.

    The fact that this is a Newbery winner is probably the biggest reason I might push myself to read it had I been in your shoes, but your review here has made me curious :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete