Nicole Deming is the Senior Communications Manager at the Children's Book Council. She dropped by Watch. Connect. Read. to share some of the features found on the brand-new version of the CBC's website.
· A search function for our reading lists and round-ups that will enable parents/caregivers, teachers, librarians, and booksellers to easily find the perfect books for their young readers. As you can see, there are options to search by age, format, genre, Seasonal Showcase theme, & by Children’s Choice Book Awards Winners. Additional functionality that will enable visitors to search for a book that falls within as many categories as they select is coming soon.
· For all books featured on our site, we now have the ability to embed the book trailer and to link to more information/a preferred purchasing site for the title. See example here.
· A showcase for titles featuring diversity on our home page (curated by CBC Diversity), and in our reading lists section here.
· Under Reading Lists, a new section detailing all the previous winners and finalists of the Children’s Choice Book Awards.
· A detailed FAQs section designed to help aspiring authors and illustrators, non-member publishers, and more visitors to our site find the information they need
· Online newsletter sign-up for both members and the kid lit community at large.
Thank you, Nicole!