Children's Book Council's New Website
Nicole Deming is the Senior Communications Manager at the Children's Book Council. She dropped by Watch. Connect. Read. to share some of the features found on the brand-new version of the CBC's website.
· A search function for our reading lists and round-ups that will enable parents/caregivers, teachers, librarians, and booksellers to easily find the perfect books for their young readers. As you can see, there are options to search by age, format, genre, Seasonal Showcase theme, & by Children’s Choice Book Awards Winners. Additional functionality that will enable visitors to search for a book that falls within as many categories as they select is coming soon.
· For all books featured on our site, we now have the ability to embed the book trailer and to link to more information/a preferred purchasing site for the title. See example here.
· A showcase for titles featuring diversity on our home page (curated by CBC Diversity), and in our reading lists section here.
· Under Reading Lists, a new section detailing all the previous winners and finalists of the Children’s Choice Book Awards.
· A detailed FAQs section designed to help aspiring authors and illustrators, non-member publishers, and more visitors to our site find the information they need
· Online newsletter sign-up for both members and the kid lit community at large.
Thank you, Nicole!