Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tomorrow is Roald Dahl Day!


I was obsessed with Roald Dahl's books in third and fourth grade. I could not get enough of his marvelous and strange books. I probably checked out Matilda and The BFG from the Tinley Park Public Library at least twenty-five times. I can still visualize exactly where both books sat on the shelf.  (I later stole a copy of Matilda from my sixth-grade teacher's classroom library, but that's a story for a later blog post.) 

Roald Dahl Day takes place every year on September 13. I compiled resources to help you celebrate Dahl's special day. Happy watching, reading, and exploring! 


You can download the following fun items on the official Roald Dahl Day website
Roald Dahl Day 2013: Mischief and Mayhem
Roald Dahl Day Party Pack:
Roald Dahl Day Quiz Pack:
Roald Dahl Day Sports Day Pack:

"Without stories we are all just eating machines with shoes." 


Meet the cast and creative team of Matilda the Musical


One of my favorite memories of the 2012-2013 school year is having a Matilda the Musical sing-a-long with nineteen fourth graders. If you had been a fly hovering over the book nook, it would have been nearly IMPOSSIBLE not to sing along (buzz along?), smile, and laugh.


"The Smell of Rebellion" 


"Loud" 


"Revolting Children" 



Visit the official Roald Dahl website. 


I am giving away a copy of Roald Dahl's Matilda

Rules for the Giveaway 

1. It will run from 9/12 to 11:59 P.M. on 9/13. 

2. You must be at least 13. 

3. Please pay it forward. 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how many people were touched by Roald Dahl- I posted about him on my Facebook account today and was so pleased to see how many people were eager to share what their favorite Roald Dahl book was. For me, I have 3 memories of Roald Dahl: 1. I think he was the first author that I discovered on my own (meaning, his books weren't in our house and I wasn't aware of my older brothers reading him when they were my age) 2. Witches is the 1st book I remember reading that scared me, and I loved it and 3. He was the 1st author that made me realize that there are a finite amount of books from authors I loved and that this made me a little sad. I discovered him a few years after he passed away and apparently was old enough to ask my teacher if he was still alive b/c I enjoyed his books so much. Thanks again for the post!

    ReplyDelete