Thursday, September 5, 2013

Video of the YEAR: The 2013 Newbery-Caldecott-Wilder Program

Last night's to-do list was about ten miles long, but I tossed it in a garbage can in order to relive one of the most amazing evenings of my life: the 2013 Newbery-Caldecott-Wilder Banquet. I hope you'll put your to-do list aside and spend time with Jon Klassen, Katherine Applegate, and Katherine Paterson. You won't regret it. I promise. Happy watching! 


Jon Klassen's Caldecott Medal Acceptance Speech starts at 0:26:30. 

Katherine Applegate's Newbery Medal Acceptance Speech starts at 0:55:16. 

Katherine Paterson's Wilder Acceptance Speech starts at 1:19:03.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...watched all 3. Thank you for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, somehow I ended up on this video the other night and watched the whole thing. I was choked up and delighted throughout and my eyes widened when I heard yours and Colby's names mentioned! I had no idea! Anyway, I sent the link to someone last night and ended up watching their speeches again! Outstanding speeches, heartwarming, insightful, not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this video. It was such an incredible night - one absolutely worth reliving again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this! I hoped it would be public eventually!Can not even imagine being there!

    ReplyDelete