Monday, September 9, 2013

What are my students placing on hold?

Today is the thirteen full day of school. As I've shared in previous posts and videos, my students regularly place books on hold. They surf the library catalog in the library, in the classroom, and at home. There are few things that make me happier than a child who comes to the library to let me know she placed books on hold over the weekend. 

So, which books are my students placing on hold? 





Carnivores by Aaron Reynolds and Dan Santat. 




Bowling Alley Bandit (Arnie the Doughnut) by Laurie Keller 




Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney





The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywait and Oliver Jeffers 




Journey by Aaron Becker





The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate








Happy Birthday, Babymouse! by Jennifer and Matthew Holm 






Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton by Matt Phelan


Have you read any of these books? Are you or your students excited about them? 

6 comments:

  1. CARNIVORES trailer---hilarious!
    THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT!---hilarious!
    JOURNEY---beautiful! Reminiscent of Harold and the Purple Crayon meets Narnia
    WIMPY KID is always funny :D
    THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN---well, you can't say enough about Ivan :)
    I hope Baby Mouse had a Happy Birthday ;)
    Still haven't gotten around to reading about Arnie, and never heard of Gum Girl!
    LOVED the interview with Matt Phelan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list - Arnie the Doughnut is always a favorite. But we need to get EINSTEIN THE CLASS HAMSTER on your list! Maybe the trailer will help...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOQjksT5E4

    Best, Janet Tashjian

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea to share stats like that! Makes me wanna go look at my holds. I am grades 6-8 and I know Wonder and Divergent are up there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT at back to school story time. It was a big hit. The kids, k-3, laughed out loud at the letters from the crayons. (Especially the last one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had some fun titles placed on hold too: The One and Only Ivan, The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppett, Doll Bones, Creepy Carrots, and I'm Bored among others. :)

    ReplyDelete