Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy Book Birthday to How to Be a Pirate!

Happy Tuesday, friends! Today is a big book release day for children's literature. As you know, I love celebrating book birthdays and book trailers. Every new book deserves a little party. Today, I am celebrating and premiering two book trailers: Elizabeth Rose Stanton's Henny (watch Henny's trailer here) and Sue Fliess' How to Be a Pirate

Sue Fliess: I think book trailers are such a great way to give readers a glimpse of the characters and the style of writing, and should be just enough to tease or entice someone into checking it out. I love book trailers—especially because sometimes I’m afraid I’ll come upon a spoiler review before I read a book. And often the back of the book has very little about what’s actually inside. I rely on book trailers more and more to guide me on whether I’ll read the book or not. I made book trailers for all my books.

Borrow How to Be a Pirate from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute trailer. Makes me want to buy the book for all my friends with young kids!