Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Video of the Week: Kate DiCamillo Inaugurated as National Ambassador for Young People's Literature

Hip, hip, hooray! The Library of Congress uploaded the inauguration ceremony for Ambassador Kate DiCamillo. I watched her inspiring speech twice last night. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did. 


"This happened because of a story.This happened because of a story read out loud, a story read together.  So what I want to say to you today is this, stories are a glass-bottom boat ride. We sit together and look together at this world and at the worlds hidden inside of this world and looking together, listening together, helps us to connect. We are able to see each other, we open up, we change." -Kate DiCamillo  

I am giving away 2 SIGNED (personalized) copies of Flora and Ulysses


)

Rules for the Giveaway 

1. It will run from 3/12 to 11:59 p.m. on 3/13. 

2. You must be at least 13. 

3. Please pay it forward. 


1 comment: