Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Geisel Challenge: Week 3



It is always more fun when Colby Sharp and I film a challenge video together. We had an AMAZING time at the Texas Library Association's annual conference. I chatted with sooooo many friendly librarians, authors, illustrators, and publishers. Thank you, Debra Marshall, for your invitation and hospitality. 




Are you ready to do the Piggie Jiggie


Pigeon presents Mo...On the Go


Download the Elephant and Piggie Party Kit! 


First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Laura Vaccaro Seeger shares the backstory for creating First the Egg


"I came to book making at a very young age, actually. As a child, I made my own books all the time — I've still got quite a few of them." - Laura Vaccaro Seeger


Hello, Bumblebee Bat by Darrin Lunde; illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne 


Jazz Baby by Lisa Wheeler; illustrated by R. Gregory Christie 


Explore Lisa Wheeler's website. 


Vulture View by April Pulley Sayre; illustrated by Steve Jenkins 


Visit April's website for a collection of links that extend the book. 


April Pulley Sayre provides an overview of her work. 

1 comment:

  1. I had a chance to hear Laura Vaccaro Seeger speak at the MRA conference last week. Her creative mind is inspirational! And I loved that she shared with us pages from her journals where she works out ideas.

    ReplyDelete