Saturday, June 21, 2014

Newbery Honor Challenge: 2013

Dear Mr. Sharp, 

Happy, happy birthday! How does it feel to be 33? I hope you have a relaxing and memorable day. 


I didn't think I would get this post up in time because my basement flooded yesterday. What an inconvenience! As you'll hear in the video, my brain was super scattered and I had other things on my mind. I was about to tell you about a box of books Margie sent me when"Camcorder full" popped up on my screen. Oops. Gotta love our one-take rule. :) 


Have a happy birthday! 


-John 





Head on over to Colby's blog to see which book he picked. I think he went with Three Times Lucky




Steve Sheinkin thanks the 2013 Newbery Committee.




Steve talks about true stories and inspiration.




"I use it like an office sometimes" - Steve Sheinkin




Jim Averbeck interviewed Steve Sheinkin. 




Head on over to TeachingBooks.net to hear a great introduction to Bomb



Borrow Bomb from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

BONUS 


I mentioned Guys Read: True Stories during my video. It will be released on September 16, 2014.


The One and Only Ivan won the 2013 Newbery Medal. 

1 comment:

  1. There are SO many books worthy of our time, but not enough time to read them! *sigh*

    (Happy Birthday, Colby! :D )

    ReplyDelete