The International Reading Association asked me to share five ways that I pitch graphic novels. Please head over to Reading Today Online to read my post.
The following information was retrieved from Scholastic's blog.
Save the Date: on Monday, August 25th, 2014, at 8pm EST, we'll be hosting a Twitter chat for parents about making the transition from summer to school. Full details are below!
- WHAT: A #SummerToSchool Twitter chat!
- WHO: Featuring Maggie McGuire, Vice President of eScholastic Kids and Parents (@Scholastic), John Schumacher,Librarian and Mr. Schu Reads blogger (@MrSchuReads), and Bekki Lindner, Chasing Supermom blogger and former teacher (@chasingsupermom)!
- WHEN: Monday, August 25 @ 8pm EST
- WHERE: #SummerToSchool on Twitter!
- WHY: Because making the transition from summer to school learning can be a challenge for all parents, no matter how old your child is or what his or her learning style may be. Maggie, John, and Bekki will be covering the following topics (and more!) during the chat:
- Celebrations (the end of summer; the beginning of school)
- Social change (friendships, new teachers, relationships, feelings)
- Routines (establishing schedules, setting goals, managing expectations)
- Teacher Tips (what teachers wish parents knew about going back to school)
- Plus, there will be giveaways! Eight lucky winners will be randomly selected during the chat to receive a Reading Under the Stars prize pack that includes a reading blanket, flashlights, battery packs, bookmarks, posters, and select books.