Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happy Friendship Day!


Hip, hip, hooray! Today is Friendship Day! I'm celebrating Friendship Day by reading Mike Curato's Little Elliot, Big City during my annual road trip. It is a perfect friendship story. 



Paul Bunyan could help Elliot reach the counter the next time he wants to buy a cupcake. 


I think that large dinosaur would be a great friend to Elliot. 


Elliot loves the Badlands. 

Little Elliot and I are currently in Colorado. I wonder where he will stop today! :) 

UPDATED AT 8:45 P.M. ON FRIENDSHIP DAY 


Rocket and Elliot are good friends. 



I read Little Elliot, Big City in front of an AWESOME Little Free Library in Loveland, Colorado. 




I left a copy of Little Elliot, Big City in a Little Free Library in Denver, Colorado. 



Rocket poses with Elliot. 


Doesn't this photograph make you smile from ear to ear? 


I hope a child discovered Little Elliot, Big City shortly after we left him in this Little Free Library. 


I am participating in the Little Elliot, Big City blog tour on August 31. Take a look at all of the stops.  

Tuesday, August 26           
Wednesday, August 27     
Teach Mentor Texts | @mentortexts
Thursday, August 28        
 Read. Write. Reflect. | @katsok
Friday, August 29               
Kit Lit Frenzy | @alybee930
Saturday, August 30         
 Daddy Mojo | @daddymojo
Sunday, August 31             
The Trifecta:
Sharp Reads | @colbysharp
Watch. Connect. Read. | @mrschureads
Nerdy Book Club | @nerdybookclub
Monday, September 1      

Miss Print | @miss_print
Check out www.LittleElliotBigCity.com to learn more about Elliot. 
countdown_23

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read this book! Really need to! Have fun in Colorado :D

    ReplyDelete