Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Read 5 Picture Books on Pikes Peak

How many people can say that they read picture books as they made their way to the top of Pikes Peak (14,115 feet above sea level)? I can. Take a look at what I read as I "climbed" this must-see mountain. 

Circle, Square, Moose by Kelly Bingham; illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky |Greenwillow Books | Publication date: September 23, 2014. 

The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat | Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Hooray for Hat by Brian Won | Houghton Mifflin 

Flashlight by Lizi Boyd | Chronicle Books | Publication Date: August 12, 2014 

The Troublemaker by Lauren Castillo | Houghton Mifflin 

This is some serious reading in the wild. Donalyn Miller would be proud! :) 


  1. Way to hike...way to read! And oh my gosh, so so excited for Circle Square Moose!

  2. Wow, these views are spectacular! And I love the books you're reading :) Looks like you're all (incl. Rocket) having a GREAT time! :D

  3. Fun post. I was at Pike's Peak a week after this. Who knew you could get fresh-baked donuts at 14,500 feet?! $3 each and worth every penny.