Sunday, February 15, 2015

Wolfie the Bunny Trifecta

Yippie-i-oh! The Nerdy Book Club, Colby Sharp, and I are celebrating Wolfie the Bunny. I hope you have fun jumping from blog to blog. 





Wolfie the Bunny by Ame Dyckman; illustrated by Zachariah OHora | Little, Brown | Publication Date: February 17, 2015 



Ame Dyckman is one of the most enthusiastic and positive people on social media. I thought it would be fun to play a word association game with her. I wrote the words in red, and Ame wrote the words in black. Thank you, Ame! (P.S. I promised not to analyze her responses.) 

*Wolfie:

LOVES

*Dot:

TOUGH

*Zachariah OHora: 

GENIUS! (and TALL! It was a tie.)

*Little, Brown: 

TEAM

*Picture books: 

ROCK!

*Robot:

FRIEND

*Tea party:


COOKIES


*Candy:


BREAKFAST


*Dinner:


CANDY


*Airplane:


WHEE!


*K.G. Campbell: 


SWEETHEART


*New York: 


ADVENTURE!


*Colby Sharp: 


HERO


*Squirrels: 


FUNNY!


*Books of Wonder: 


DISNEYLAND! (For books!)


*Picture books are... 

little doorways to a magic world--and much more 
portable than a wardrobe.




The day I wrote WOLFIE THE BUNNY, I was expecting to go to jail.
Really.
I was thoroughly convinced that at any moment, there’d be a tough-knuckled knock at the door, a flash of a badge, and a gruff, “Come with us, Ma’am!” before the police dragged me away.
Not the regular police.
The Dirty House Police.
I hadn’t been cleaning because all week long, I’d been struggling to develop one particular story idea.

Click here to read the full post. 


What’s the hardest thing about being an illustrator?
Realizing that rejection is part of the job. If you are planning on a career as a writer or an illustrator get used to rejection. Go back to the “drawing board” and come back with another idea.
Also know that it happens to everyone. So you are not alone.
Click here to read the full interview. 


Borrow Wolfie the Bunny from your school or public library. 
Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the trailer and the book (Got a sneak peek at ALA)! Congrats Ame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Ame, and I can't wait for this book!!! I got to meet Zachariah at the Princeton Book Festival and I have to say, he looked very tall---and he was sitting down! ;) Great trailer and fun answers, not that I'd expect anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to add this to my picture book shelf!

    ReplyDelete