Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Wonderful Morning Connecting with Readers in Ohio, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Iowa

7:15: Alarm sounds. 

7:30-7:50: Franki Sibberson and her Mock Newbery Club call me on Skype to talk about the Newbery Medal. I take them on a tour of my home office, show off my 2014 Newbery shelf, hold up a copy of Brian Selznick's The Marvels, and go on and on about how much I love The One and Only Ivan. They mention Echo, A Fish in a Tree, The War that Saved My Life, and Crenshaw

9:15-9:45: Jennifer Reed and her terrific third graders call me on Skype to Read for the Record. Before we read Not Norman together, I take them on a quick tour of my house so they can see my shark (mandatory when you Skype with me) and talk about some of my favorite characters.

Ms. Reed put together this fabulous Animoto video.

10:00-10:30: I call Mr. Colby Sharp and his third graders on Skype to Read for the Record. We...

Did we have fun? 
11:00-11:30: A BRILLIANT group of second graders from Grundy Center, Iowa, call me on Skype to talk about books and Read for the Record.

I had a wonderful morning connecting with young readers, teachers, and administrators! Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. We loved our Skype visit with you!!! Such a great way to start our day. Thank you soo much!