Thursday, March 17, 2016

Author Jane Smiley

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am celebrating with Pulitzer Prize winner Jane Smiley. She dropped by to chat with me about Twenty Yawns, Lauren Castillo, school libraries, and picture books. I wrote the words in green, and she wrote the words in black. Thank you, Jane! 




I wrote Twenty Yawns when I couldn't sleep. 

Lucy and her family all have good intentions. 


Lauren Castillo’s illustrations are colorful, cheerful, and amusing, loved especially by me.

School libraries were my favorite place when I was growing up.




Picture books are always surprising to the author of the text.

Reading is the best way to learn lots of things, because reading invites the reader to imagine, and therefore to develop an inner life.




Mr. Schu, you should have asked me what's next.



Look for Twenty Yawns on April 1. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Jane Smiley is a national treasure, as is Lauren Castillo! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an awesome book. I would love to read it to my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thank you for sharing. I can't wait to get my copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just put this on reserve at my library. Thanks for the suggestion. I am excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete