Friday, April 22, 2016

Author-Illustrator Todd Parr

I am celebrating Earth Day and National Teacher Week (a few weeks early) with author-illustrator Todd Parr. I wrote the words in purple, and he wrote the words in black. Thank you, Todd! 



Teachers Rock! is a celebration of teachers and going to school. A book that captures the day-to-day life of what a teacher does every day. It also helps children see that teachers are just like us and
how fun going to school is.

I think teachers are amazing! I mean, I loved most of my teachers when I was in school, but it took me years of being out of school to appreciate all that they are and do for their students.



When I start working on a new book I’m very excited. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. I can’t stop.



If you visited my studio, you would think you were on the set of Toy Story. I love to collect old toy and lunch boxes.



School libraries are not just a place to sit and read. It’s a place where dreams and fantasies are made.


Reading is important! When you read or when someone reads to you it helps you learn and discover new things.


Picture books are the best books of all! You don’t need words. You can tell a story with art. I love going to a bookstore or library just to look at the different picture books. This something I enjoyed even
before I started writing children’s books.


Mr. Schu, you should have asked me…
“Do you really eat macaroni and cheese in the bathtub?” No.


Borrow Teachers Rock! from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment