Friday, August 26, 2016

Book Trailer Premiere: I Am a Story by Dan Yaccarino

Hi, Dan Yaccarino! Welcome back to Watch. Connect. Read. It has been way too long since you stopped by to celebrate Boy + Bot with Ame Dyckman

Thank you for welcoming me back, Mr. Schu! 

Thank you for sharing the book trailer for I Am a Story and for providing the ends to my sentence starters. 


The book trailer for I Am a Story will hopefully intrigue people enough to seek out the book and read it. The trailer has exceed my expectations. I think HarperCollins did a fantastic job! I'm so grateful to them for all of their support. 

I created the illustrations both traditionally and digitally. I drew the entire book out in India ink using a brush on vellum, scanned the drawings, and then colored them digitally. I've done about 6 or 7 books this way and I really love the methods versatility. I'm quite pleased with the outcome. 




I hope I Am a Story is a catalyst for discussions about the very essence of story itself. If you read the book, you'll see that the intangible story has been reincarnated into medium after medium over thousands of years, from cave paintings to digital tablets, and will never die. 



Picture books are
 the most important books we will ever read because they're our first books. What we experience in these books stays with us our whole lives, so it's an awesome responsibility to create books for children because you're also creating books for future adults. 

Mr. Schu, you should have asked me about my next picture book. It is called Morris Mole and it's about a little mole who lives his entire life in darkness underground until he sees the light. I had so much fun working on this book. I hope it shows. 
  

Look for I Am a Story on September 6. 

1 comment:

  1. I Am a Story looks like a fantastic book! I can't wait to get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete