Thursday, September 15, 2016

Cover Reveal for You Don't Want a Unicorn!

I did not drink any coffee this morning because I felt energized after reading Ame Dyckman and Liz Climo's guest blog post about You Don't Want a Unicorn! Wowsers! Thanks, Ame and Liz! 


THANKS, dear Mr. Schu! HOWDY, pals-to-books pals! Your Friendly Neighborhood Kidlit Author Ame Dyckman here, absolutely BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS—Oops. Wet purple hair dye. Gotta clean those spots later—because RIGHT HERE on Watch. Connect. Read., my AMAZING illustrator Liz Climo and I get to share with you THE COVER of our upcoming LB Kids book, YOU DON’T WANT A UNICORN!

You guys, I LOVE Liz’s UNICORN! cover SO MUCH, when I saw it, I JUMPED in my time machine (you won’t believe what you can find on eBay these days) to travel back across the Time-Space Continuum Thingy to show it to little Second-Grade-OBSESSED-With-Unicorns-Me!

But I jumped out again. ’Cause I’m pretty sure THIS would’ve happened:

ME: “BEHOLD! BEHOLD the FABULOUS LIZ CLIMO COVER of the UNICORN book we get to write in the future so long as you don’t EXPLODE WITH HAPPINESS right n—!”

SECOND-GRADE ME (eyes shining): *POPS*

ME: “Uh-oh.” *POPS*

So, I’m really glad I didn’t go there. (Then? Whatever!) ’Cause I’m REALLY glad we get to show you NOW!

Are YOU ready for Liz’s YOU DON’T WANT A UNICORN! cover reveal?

Okay! NO popping, folks!

BEHOLD!



The RAINBOWS!
The UNICORN JOY!
The… SHEER PANIC!

’Cause as our kid protagonist soon finds out, even if you THINK you want a unicorn…
You don’t.
TRUST US!

Tell us about your AMAZING cover, Liz!

THANKS AME! Hi everyone!! The cover, like the rest of this amazing book, was super fun to draw! This is the first book I've illustrated that I didn't write myself, and I must say - I had SUCH a blast bringing this wonderful, hilarious, wild & crazy adventure of a story to life! The cover is just a glimpse of the super fun time that's waiting beneath the cover - It's a fantastic read for kids and parents alike!! 

SEE?! Isn’t Liz AWESOME, you guys?!

*Does “I’m a Lucky Little Author” Dance. Ignores The Cat’s laughter.*

WAIT, gang! That’s not all! One of you Mr. Schu’s Watch. Connect. Read. readers will…

WIN AN F&G (advance floppy copy boneless book thingy) of YOU DON’T WANT A UNICORN!, which doesn’t even publish ’til Valentine’s Day, 2017, SO…IF YOU WIN, IT’LL BE LIKE YOU’RE TIME-TRAVELING, TOO!

I KNOWWW! THANKS for the okay* on this, LB Kids!

*I am Mostly Positive I asked for okay on this. If not, I’ll time-fix it later. And my Bad Eighth Grade Perm.
How do you enter the giveaway? Just look for Mr. Schu’s (@MrSchuReads) “RT to enter” Tweet, and RT it! SO QUICK AND EASY!

That’s all for now! Gotta rinse my hair dye, and our unicorns were partying again. There’s… clean-up to do.

*Grabs Official YOU DON’T WANT A UNICORN! Cupcake Shovel and Ceiling Spackle*

Until next time, book pals, no matter where/when you go, HAPPY READING!
          

Ame Dyckman is the award-winning author of Wolfie the Bunnie, Horrible Bear!, Boy + Bot, and Tea Party Rules. Ame lives in New Jersey with her family, pets, and hair bow collection. 


Liz Climo grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Los Angeles after college to work as a character artist on The Simpsons. She started a comic blog, lizclimo.tumblr.com, and is the author and illustrator of Rory the Dinosaur. Liz currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their daughter. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Amy's work! Looking forward to seeing this new book as well with Liz's work!

    ReplyDelete