Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Cover Reveal: Two Truths And a Lie: Histories and Mysteries by Ammi-Joan Paquette and Laurie Ann Thompson

Hello, Ammi-Joan Paquette! 

Ammi-Joan: Hello, Mr. Schu! 

Hi, Laurie-Ann Thompson! 

Laurie Ann: Hi, Mr. Schu! 

Thank you for dropping by to share the cover for Two Truths and a Lie: Histories and Mysteries and to finish my sentences. I greatly appreciate it! :) 

I wrote the words in purple, Ammi-Joan wrote the words in black, and Laurie wrote the words in orange


The cover for Two Truths and a Lie: Histories and Mysteries took my breath away! The whole Walden team have outdone themselves, and I love the perfect mix of factual, mysterious, and just plain silly. 

Laurie Ann Thompson and I have had so much fun choosing the stories to go in these books!Well, it’s fun but it’s also tough. We’ve each got our favorites that we really want to make it into each book. But only so many stories can fit. It can be a challenge!

Reading is magic, pure and simple. It’s at once the simplest and the most complex activity we can experience. It’s travel and wonder and challenge and knowledge—a world of worlds, right at our fingertips. And now please excuse me . . . I have to get back to my book.


I think Two Truths and a Lie: Histories and Mysteries will delight all kinds of readers, even if they don't necessarily believe they are fans of history or social studies topics. The stories we selected are full of intrigue and wonder, and I'm still fascinated by many of them myself long after the research and writing are done!

Ammi-Joan Paquette and I LOVE writing these books together, even though we live on opposite coasts! Our work styles mesh extremely well (hooray for online collaboration tools!), and we each have strengths that complement the other's weaknesses.  


School libraries are more important than ever! Few things are more crucial than teaching our kids how to research and evaluate the credibility of their sources. And, of course, students need to be readers first and foremost. All of that happens in school libraries thanks to amazing school librarians. 


Look for Two Truths and a Lie: Histories and Mysteries on June 26, 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment