The Three Little Pigs Storybook App
My first graders are evaluating iPad storybook apps. I pay attention to how easily students navigate the app, whether they play a game before reading the story, and jot down their facial expressions. I ask each group to rate the app from 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest and ten the highest. Nosy Crow's The Three Little Pigs is earning the highest marks. I love listening in on their discussions and learning what matters to them in an app.
* "I like how the people spin around when you press on them."
* "The blue arrow helps me turn the page."
* "I didn't see the blue dot until you showed it to me."
* "I like looking for hidden things."
* "The person reading the book has a nice voice."
* "This story is a little too scary for me."
* "I love this story. It is fun and funny."
*"Can we read this book again?"
*"It feels more like I'm watching a movie than reading a book."
* "I like how the characters walk down the street."