Me Want Pet! by Tammi Sauer and Bob Shea
Browse the children’s section of your favorite independent bookshop and you will find quite a few exceptional books in which the main character desperately wants a pet. Well, let's see... Petunia wants a skunk. Prudence wants the pet of her dreams. Zelly Fried wants a dog. And, in our hilarious picture book of the day, Cave Boy "want pet." You see, he is tired of playing with rocks, sticks, and a club. What's a prehistoric boy to do? Why, naturally, he takes matters into his own hands and searches near and far until he finds a ...How does Mama react to Cave Boy's new pet? "He too big. Where he sleep?" Uh-oh! Cave Boy tries again. This time he brings home a...
How does Papa react to his son's new pet? "Make me sneeze! No can stay!" Poor Cave Boy! Should he try again? This youngster is not a quitter. He searches and searches until he finds a...
Will Mama, Papa, and Gran let Cave Boy keep a dodo bird? You'll have to head on over to your public library to find out.
Me Want Pet. By Tammi Sauer. Illustrated by Bob Shea. Simon and Schuster, 2012. Grades K-2.
2. Tami Sauer's comical text and Bob Shea's bright and bold illustrations will make readers laugh out loud.
3. It is perfect for one-on-one sharing and storytime.
4. You can never have too many "I want a pet" books.
5. Me think it good book. ;-)
* If you win Me Want Pet!, I will send you an email.
* You must be at least 13 to participate.