Now & Then
The words in red are written by "10-year-old me", and the words in green are written by 31-year-old me. Thank you, LitWorld, for writing the words in black.
1. I think everyone in the world should read Roald Dahl's Matilda and Beverly Cleary's Dear Mr. Henshaw. I have read both books multiple times. Please don't tell my mom, but I stole my teacher's copy of Matilda. I really wanted it in my personal collection. (I'm sure I'll grow up to be a person who gives away many books.)
1. I think everyone in the world should read Katherine Applegate's The One and Only Ivan. You knew I was going to write that, right?
2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be Richard Peck.
3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is Goofy. " Come on, Bessie. Slow and steady, steady and slow. That's the way we always go." Grandma always repeats that line when she catches me rush, rush, rushing.
3. When I read aloud, my favorite characters to impersonate are the animals in Karma Wilson's Bear Snores On. Bear, Mouse, Hare, Badger, Gopher, Mole, Raven, and Wren have unique voices.
Filmed in 2011