8 Reasons Why I'm Giving Away 2 Copies of The Baby Tree
I am celebrating the release of Sophie Blackall's The Baby Tree by giving away two copies. Why?
1. The Baby Tree has one of the funniest book trailers I've watched in a long time. (See above.)
2. It answers the question "Where do babies come from?" in a very age-appropriate manner.
3. Sophie Blackall designs the coolest clothes for her characters. Just look at what Olive and the young boy are wearing. And don't you just love those adorable newborn baby hats?
4. Sophie's gorgeous Chinese ink and watercolor illustrations are sure to appeal to young readers.
5. The text is straightforward and passes the "readaloudability" test.
6. Grandpa's kidney stones. Did that pique your interest?
7. I practically jumped out of my seat when I spotted the young boy's dad holding a copy of Brian Floca's Locomotive and a copy of Sergio Ruzzier's Bear and Bee near his mom.
8. Nancy Paulsen publishes important books that lead to thoughtful conversations.
Rules for the Giveaway
1. Penguin Books USA is giving away 2 copies of The Baby Tree.
2. It will run from 5/26 to 11:59 p.m. on 5/28.
2. You must be at least 13.
3. Please pay it forward.
Borrow The Baby Tree from your school or public library. Whenever possible, please support independent bookshops.
OK, there are SO many things to love about this book, but the thing I'm totally going to do is try to be a part of what gets this HILARIOUS book trailer to go VIRAL!!!!! :D *running to Twitter...*ReplyDelete
How adorable and charming! Any time you involve kids is a trailer or commercial (The AT & T commercials) it's sure to be a winner.ReplyDelete
What a cover!ReplyDelete